This is Mykonos, the soul of an island.
A film by Greek filmmaker and director Nico Mastorakis that explores the different scopes of this controversial island.
I was recruited for the main theme: a recomposition of Les pêcheurs de perles by Georges Bizet, with Greek flavor in the instrumentation and rhythm and a new climactic section to suite the nostalgic finale of the film.
So far, Mykonos The soul of an island has gathered several awards in festivals among the globe, including:
- Golden Palm @ Mexico International Film Festival
- Award of Merit @ IndieFest Film Awards
- Exceptional Merit @ Docs without borders Festival
- Award of Merit @ Accolade Global Film Competition
- Best Documentary Feature @ Los Angeles Independent Film Festival
The track is currently available on Spotify and all streaming platforms.
The full film is available at Vimeo.
Follow the film’s news on Facebook.
Recomposition, Orchestration, Recording, Baglamas: Apostolos Papapostolou
Cretan Lyra: Dimitris Menexopoulos
Mixing, Mastering: Giannis Chrysogonou @ Soundslike studio